Our girl's powerlifting team competed at Malakoff last Thursday and Buffalo the week before that. They are making Fruitvale known as a threat in the 2A classification this year. There were 13 schools at this last meet and 8 schools at Buffalo; I am so proud of our girls for holding their own against larger schools by placing and getting medals. I am listing how they placed at the two meets and where they stand regionally below:
Buffalo Meet Results per Weight Class:
- Kylie Bailey placed 4th.
- Camila Marquez Torres placed 5th.
- Ashlynn Swallow placed 1st.
- Ronnye Tull placed 1st.
Malakoff Meet Results per Weight Class:
- Kylie Bailey placed 2nd. Kylie actually tied first place in total lifted weight, but got bumped to second since the other lifter weighed less.
- Sandra Silva placed 2nd.
- Tuesday Russell placed 4th.
- Camila Marquez Torres placed 9th.
- Lesli Sanchez placed 10th.
- Kayla Hayes placed 12th.
- Shelby Dry placed 12th.
Current Regional Standings
- Kylie is now ranked in 2 weight classes in regionals: ranked 6th in the 105 weight class and 10th in the 114 weight class for our region.
- Ronnye Tull is now tied for 6th in our region for her weight class.
- Sandra Silva is ranked 6th in our region for her weight class.
- Ashlynn Swallow is ranked 8th in our region for her weight class.
- Tuesday Russell is ranked 14th in our region.
- Camila Marquez Torres is now tied for 16th place in our region.
The top 12 in each weight class per region advance to regionals at the end of the season, and these girls are hungry to qualify to represent Fruitvale ISD at the regional meet and potentially state. Their next meet is on February 8th at Grand Saline.